Completing the KCS v6 Fundamentals Online Training Course is strongly recommended.
Exam Topics and Objectives
The exam is based on the generic practices as described in the KCS documentation highlighted below. The exam was built with the idea of answering the following question: “If you hired someone to capture, structure, and reuse knowledge based on interaction, what would you expect them to know and understand about KCS?” No specific product or technology is covered in the exam. Specifics about individual company content standard, roles, workflow and life cycle states that are unique to an organization are not included in the exam.
The exam objectives include:
KCS v6 Principles
KCS Core Concepts
- Identify how “reuse is review” contributes to the overall KCS process.
- Identify why “flag it or fix it” contributes to the overall KCS process.
- Identify the conditions under which it is appropriate to flag or fix a KCS article.
- Identify behaviors of collective ownership of an organization's knowledge base.
- Identify the importance of a Content Standard.
- Identify the purpose of the metadata field for Article Confidence.
- Identify the purpose of metadata field for Article Audience (formerly Visibility).
- Identify the benefits of Just-In-Time publishing.
- Identify the elements of the KCS methodology that contribute to the creation of quality KCS articles.
Performance Assessment, Roles, and Responsibilities
- Identify the importance of the licensing model.
- Identify the benefits of the licensing model to the individual KCS Publisher.
- Identify the characteristics, role, value, and function of a KCS Coach.
- Identify ways to promote and measure the KCS behaviors and collaboration.
- Identify the strengths of radar charts.
- Identify the characteristics of an activity measure.