KCS v6 Fundamentals Certification Instructions
NOTE: If you landed here after completing the KCS v6 Fundamentals Course, please review the KCS v6 Fundamentals Certification Study Guide and then return to "MY LEARNING" if you were previously enrolled in the course/exam bundle or to the CATALOG to purchase (202.1) KCS v6 Fundamentals Certification Exam.
KCS v6 Fundamentals is an entry-level certification to ensure common understanding of KCS basics.
- Prerequisites: The KCS v6 Fundamentals interactive online training is recommended but not required.
- Format and Pricing: $95 online, non-proctored exam of about 25 questions with a 60 minute time limit. Bundle the exam with the KCS v6 Fundamentals online course for $195 or purchase the course separately for $145. Exam retake fee is $95. The KCS Certification is currently only available in English. Testing centers are worldwide. All fees are non-refundable. Reference materials can be used during the exam. See online course catalog.
- Internal or external Support Agents
- Knowledge workers fielding interactions with employees, peers, or customers
- Anyone interested in learning the basics of KCS
Topics and Learning Objectives
The exam is based on material outlined in the KCS v6 Fundamentals Certification Study Guide and designed with the following question in mind: If you hired someone to capture, structure, and reuse knowledge based on interactions, what would you expect them to know and understand about KCS?
The KCS v6 Fundamentals Certification designates individuals who demonstrate a basic understanding of:
- KCS concepts including KCS Principles and Core Concepts
- Benefits of KCS and the creation, reuse, and improvement of knowledge articles
- The KCS article and the process for creating one
- How to integrate KCS processes into the workflow
- How the knowledge worker’s KCS performance should be assessedt o drive desired behaviors
- Leading vs. lagging indicators
The certification standards and exam are developed and maintained by a committee of Members from the Consortium for Service Innovation. No specific product or technology is covered in the exam. Specifics about individual company content standard, roles, workflow, and life cycle states that are unique to an organization are not included in the exam.
Certification begins on the date of passing the online exam and ends one year after the KCS Academy releases the next iteration of KCS Practices certification. KCS v6 certification was released on September 1, 2016.
KCS Community Rules of Conduct
Participation in Consortium for Service Innovation certification activities indicates that you have read and agree to the Consortium's Member Rules of Conduct. Lack of adherence to these rules of conduct will be grounds for loss of certification status and exclusion from the KCS network at the KCS Academy's discretion.
Registration, Payment, and Scheduling Exam
- Visit the Online Training Center registration page and create an account. You will receive an email with your eTrainCenter Student Information and log-in credentials.
- Log into your account and add to your shopping cart one of the following:
- Enter payment via PayPal or credit card. You will then receive an email with the courses/exam which you were registered. If you would like to print a receipt, follow these instructions.
- Launch exam in your eTrainCenter account. You have 12 weeks after payment to launch the exam. After you launch the exam, you have 1 hour to complete the exam with no breaks. If more than 1 hour elapses, your exam will be submitted as failed. See launch screen below.
At the completion of the KCS v6 Fundamentals Certification exam, you will receive a graded percentage, along with individual topic scoring. This information is stored in and available only to you through your KCS Academy eTrainCenter account.
This level of exam feedback is only available for the KCS v6 Fundamentals exam as your first step along the KCS certification journey.
The pass line, or cut score, is not the same as an A-F grading scale. The pass line is set at the minimum amount of correct answers based on the questions on the exam. The passing percentage was determined using psychometric calculations and statistically sound sample testing results.
If the candidate's exam registration was paid for by the candidate's company, that company has the right to receive the Pass/Fail exam result. Registrations paid for by an individual candidate will be kept confidential.