The KCS v6 Practices Workshop is a multi-day workshop taught by KCS v6 Certified Trainers. It is excellent preparation for the separate KCS v6 Practices Certification exam, which is often offered separately at the end of the workshop.
Who Should Attend
- Program and project managers for KCS adoption
- KCS Council team members
- KCS Publishers and CoachesSupervisors and first- and second-line managers
- Product managers and architects for technology and tools that enable the KCS practices
Someone who completes the KCS v6 Practices workshop understands:
- KCS Principles and Core Concepts
- KCS Practices and techniques, and the reasons for adhering to them
- How to adopt and sustain KCS
- KCS measures and their evolution over time
- Preparation to participate in the KCS Council
- Gain experience making appropriate judgments based on a thorough understanding of KCS Principles and Core Concepts
- Understand key KCS Practices and how KCS techniques may be appropriately modified to meet business goals
- Ability to deal with objections to KCS
- More consistent adoption of KCS throughout the organization: alignment of KCS vocabulary and understanding across distributed teams/locations globally
- Reduced time to obtain business benefits from KCS
- Clear, measurable, consistent goals aligned between KCS and business goals
- Engage high performers by recognizing them appropriately for contributions
- More effective communications with sponsor and management
What is this all about?
- Welcome and introductions
- Workshop objectives
Where are we going?
- Business objectives – organization’s high-level vision for the future, goals, and desired results
Support from the customer’s point of view
- Implications of KCS in the bigger picture
- The evolution of support
Is there another way?
- KCS benefits: why should we care?
- The KCS Practices
- Introduce the double loop concepts and the KCS Solve and Evolve Loops
- Understand different types of change and how it relates to KCS
- Identify the critical success factors for successful adoption
Roles and responsibilities, proficiency development
- Understand KCS license levels and roles – knowledge worker, coach, knowledge domain expert (KDE)
- The critical role of the coach and criteria for picking coaches
Content is King!
Content Health: Review the content health techniques and what needs to be in the content standard.
- The value of context
- States and lifecycle
- Style and preferred vocabulary
- Indicators of Content Health: Content Standard Checklist
Article state transitions
- Understand the connection between KCS roles (license levels) and article state transitions
Reflect and Adjourn
- Understand how we integration use of the knowledge base into the workflow
- Indicators of health for Process Integration
Performance Assessment and KCS measures
- How do we determine who is creating value?
- Review the measures that are important in a KCS environment
KCS Measurement Scenarios
Group exercise, ditch avoidance, lessons learned.
Leadership and Communication
- Identify the role of leaders/managers
- Understand what motivates people
- The power of a vision: compelling purpose, mission, values, brand promise
- The strategic framework – link the business goals to the KCS benefits
- Indicators of Leadership and Communication health
- Review practices for KCS adoption
- Understand adoption waves and phases
Reflect and adjourn
The challenge of communication
- Identify the elements of the communications plan:
- Identify audiences & key messages
- KCS Q&A/FAQ
- Elevator pitch
- Vehicles for delivery
What are the underlying beliefs of KCS?
Understand the KCS Principles and Core Concepts
Reflect and adjourn
KCS v6 Practices Certification Exam
Allowed exam time is 120 minutes.