Leadership in an Adaptive Organization
As we move away from traditional, hierarchical organizational structures and toward the organization as a network, the Leadership Framework aims to provide guidance around business strategy, people, measurements, process and structure, and technology.
Definition of Service Excellence:
Maximize customer realized value/success through the use of our products and services.
- This means easy and seamless service integrated into the context of use.
- This requires a commitment to the continuous improvement of the whole customer experience
Customer support is not about solving incidents or customer satisfaction with incident resolution. It is about our ability to contribute to customer success and productivity. It means we have to be good at:
- Minimizing value erosion by making sure our products and services work in the way the customer expected with the fewest possible exceptions (and making any exceptions as pain-free as possible)
- Maximizing value realization by reducing customer effort and increasing customer capability
Creating the conditions in which those things can happen is what we aim to address with the Leadership Framework.
- KCS v6 Practices Guide by the Consortium for Service Innovation
- The Future of Management by Gary Hamel and Bill Breen
- The Slight Edge: Turning Simple Disciplines into Massive Success and Happiness by Jeff Olson and John David Mann
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink
- One More Time: How Do You Motivate Employees? by Frederick Herzberg