What preparation is needed to take an online-proctored exam
- IMPORTANT: Installing Sentinel and verification of Biometrics is required so be sure to allow plenty of time for this to avoid the cancelation penalties (24 hour minimum to cancel or re-schedule).
- Please read this before you begin: Online Testing Requirements: What You Need to Know
- Log into your KCS Academy Webassessor Account
- Click on MY Assessments ( see image below) you must have already registered for the online-proctored exam in order to see screen below
- Please note: If taking the exam on a work computer with security features, these may need to be disabled. If possible, it is recommended to use a personal computer if available and follow the steps for installing sentinel on your personal computer
- Install Sentinel - if error message please search Kryterion Support by how to download Sentinel on your particular operating system (ie MAC, windows etc)
- IMPORTANT: Biometric verification includes a photo that should have a background free of excessive light (not in front of a window) and face and eyes should be level. If you launch your test and your are having difficulty these biometrics may need to be reset - you can utilize Kryterion Chat to help you when launching the exam.
- Keystroke verification is set and should match your normal typing speed. This is done several times before confirming
- Engage Kryterion Chat if assistance is needed when launching the exam - do not try and email firstname.lastname@example.org or your trainer. Only Kryterion/Webassessor can help with that.
- KCS v6 Proctored Exams
- Online-Proctored Certification Exam